- 1 The proposal for a Unitary Patent and the threat it represents
- 2 What's the issue ?
- 3 The MEPs information campaign
- 4 Email
- 5 How to contact a MEP by phone
The proposal for a Unitary Patent and the threat it represents
The idea behind the project is not problematic in itself. However, the way the project is currently organized is concerning for April: most of the resources would be given to the European Patent Office (EPO), whose drift in favor of sotfware patents have been long criticized by April.
- For more information, a complet website on the issue : https://www.unitary-patent.eu
What's the issue ?
- Threat of software patents coming to Europe in spite of the prohibition by the European Parliament in 2005
- Threat of patent trolls appearing in Europe (companies which file or buy patents with the only aim of getting royalty payments from other companies
- Threat of big legal actions on software patents, like the Apple/ Samsung case